Friday, June 12, 2015

Apple and Prosciutto Beet Green Salad {Paleo, Whole30}


This salad came together a bit by accident. I just so happened to spot a huge bag of beet greens for only 1€ at my local street market, so I grabbed it up. Then we just so happened to be busy all day long, so a quick and easy meal was in order. And this was also no cook, making it even better!

The first bite was delicious - but each one seemed to taste better than the last! I was saying "mmmm!" after each bite by the time I was half way through my plate! And the hubster agrees - this simple salad is simply divine!


I provided the amounts for two my-sized salads, but I increased the amounts a bit for the hubster. Feel free to play with the proportions to suit your specific needs. Also, beet greens are pretty robust. You could prepare this salad a day or two in advance, packing the vinaigrette in a separate container, for a tasty lunch.

Apple and Prosciutto Beet Green Salad

Ingredients:
  • 6 cups beet greens 
  • 1 red apple 
  • 2 hard boiled eggs 
  • 2 green onions 
  • 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto 
  • 1 tbsp olive oil 
  • 1 tbsp yellow mustard 
  • 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar 
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Method:
  1. Wash and chop the greens. Split them between two large plates.
  2. Chop the apple, eggs and green onions. Split them between the two plates of greens. Add 2 ounces of prosciutto to each plate.
  3. Mix together the remaining ingredients thoroughly, pouring half over each salad. Toss to combine and serve immediately.

1 comment: