Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Savory Green Pancakes {Paleo, Whole30}

I love breakfasts that are fun to eat and complete. These savory pancakes are just that. Complex carbs, leafy greens, animal protein... and pancakes are always fun!


I initially tried them with maple syrup, and while they were good, they just weren't great. I then tried them slathered in ghee. Oh my. That was really good!

I'm also thinking these would make great sandwiches - bacon and egg with a slice of avocado, for example. You could freeze a batch and pull out a couple whenever the need for a sammie strikes. Just reheat in the oven and you're good to go.

Savory Green Pancakes

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato
  • 1 cup fresh spinach
  • Sea salt to taste
  • Fat of choice for frying
Method:
  1. Grease and heat a pan over low-medium heat.
  2. Meanwhile, blend together the first four ingredients.
  3. When the pan is hot, pour in about 3 tablespoons of batter. Cook until browned (about 2-3 minutes), then flip and cook until done (about 1-2 minutes).
  4. Continue with the remaining batter, regreasing the pan if necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum!!! Potato pancakes, I love it! Your sandwich idea sounds amazing. I also like applesauce and sour cream with potato pancakes traiditonally; I could easily make my own applesauce and use yogurt made from unpasteurised milk instead! Thanks Meg :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely! I've never actually had a potato pancake (and I never will). Enjoy!

      Delete