Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Crispy Fluffy Pancakes {Paleo}

No matter now long I blog, I don't think I'll ever stop playing around with pancakes. There's just something so delicious and comforting about them - there's no way I could just stop and "settle" for the recipes that I have already developed.


And I've developed quite a few... most recently, my Savory Green Pancakes which weren't supposed to be savory, but oh so deliciously turned out that way. Before that, my No-Flip Giant Pancake, because some mornings you want to be lazy and have pancakes, too. My first pancake recipe was the one for Meg's Fluffy Pancakes - and I even included a scaled-down version for making just enough pancakes for a single serving! Of course, once I realized that nuts aren't my friends, I had to create a nut-free pancake, thus Fluffy Coconut Pancakes were born.

After all that, I present to you my latest pancake recipe - this time using cassava flour, my new found love for everything baked or breaded!

These pancakes somehow manage to remain crispy on the outside and incredibly fluffy on the inside - even when cooled down a bit! They are nut-free and can even be made coconut-free by subbing a different milk for the coconut milk. The recipe as stated makes about 5 palm-sized pancakes, which I eat in one sitting with a side of bacon, drizzled with maple syrup, but feel free to double the ingredients for more.


Crispy Fluffy Pancakes

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp melted ghee
  • 100 grams coconut milk
  • 100 grams cassava flour
  • 1 heaping tsp of baking powder
  • Fat of Choice

Method:
  1. Heat a greased frying pan over low-medium heat.
  2. Meanwhile, blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
  3. When the pan is hot, pour in about about 3 tablespoons of batter. Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles rise to the surface and it just barely begins to dry out, about 2-3 minutes.
  4. Flip the pancake over and cook until browned on the second side, about 1-2 minutes.
  5. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve hot with toppings of choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment