Wednesday, April 8, 2015

No-Flip Giant Pancake {Paleo}


Most Sundays, I have pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Sometimes I use a fancy pancake recipe, and other times I fall back on my trusty banana pancake recipe.

A few Sundays ago, I wasn't too motivated, so I fell back on my banana pancake recipe. Then I decided I didn't feel like waiting beside the frying pan, flipping tons of pancakes, eating the first ones while cooking the rest, or after when they're cold. So, I dumped the whole bowl of batter into the pan and walked away.



I came back to a perfectly cooked, giant, no flip pancake. {Disclaimer: I flipped the pancake over for the photo, but you really don't have to.}

I ate the whole thing by myself, but this could easily be shared and even cut into strips for easier dipping {my wedges weren't always easy to get into the little syrup jar}. In any case, enjoy!


No-Flip Giant Pancake

Ingredients:
  • 1 banana 
  • 3 eggs 
  • 2 tbsp flour of choice
  • Splash of vanilla
  • Fat of choice for cooking
Method:

  1. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and grease generously.
  2. Blend all the other ingredients together thoroughly.
  3. Pour batter into the frying pan, cover and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes, until cooked through (turn heat down if it begins to burn on the bottom).
  4. Remove from pan and serve hot. 

4 comments:

  1. This is going to sound stupid as hell, but I'm assuming that for Paleo pancakes, the flour has to be Paleo-approved, like coconut or the likes? *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For them to be paleo, yes. I've used coconut flour, cassava flour and tapioca starch just fine. I'm sure any flour would work though, so use what you have or what you want :)

      Delete
    2. I love banana pancakes!!!

      Delete
    3. Then you should love this 😊

      Delete