Friday, April 24, 2015

Banana Waffle {Paleo}


These waffles were born from a desire of two sorts of waffles: sugar free waffles and high protein waffles. I have a few pancake recipes on my blog, and a waffle recipe I still need to post, but they are all relatively low in protein and highish in sugar or starch, either because of an ingredient or because of what you have to put on them to make them tasty.

I wondered if I could just make my No-Flip Giant Pancakes in my waffle maker, since I really liked that recipe, even plain. I whipped up a batch, added extra flour, poured some info my waffle maker... And had perfect waffles.


They were delightfully crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, just like waffles should be. Warm, they're delicious with a drizzle of maple syrup. Cooled, they're delicious as is. And the banana flavor isn't overwhelming at all.

Banana Waffles

Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs 
  • 1 ripe banana 
  • 1/2 cup flour of choice 

Method:
  1. Blend everything together until smooth. 
  2. Preheat and grease a waffle maker. 
  3. Pour the appropriate amount of batter into your waffle market and cook until golden (about a minute after the timer).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg! What flour do you use? Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made this recipe twice. Once I used "tapioca flour" (which is usually just pure starch) and the other time I used "cassava flour" (which is the entire tapioca root minus the peel). Both worked great! I'm sure you could sub coconut flour (though you might need a bit less) or even your favorite nut/seed flour. Enjoy :)

      Delete