Saturday, January 24, 2015

Turmeric & Apple Cider Vinegar {Natural, Powerful, Medicine for sinus infections and beyond!}

Turmeric & Apple Cider Vinegar - Natural, Powerful, Medicine
source || source

My sister is a pretty smart cookie.

You see, each and every year I fall victim to a horrible sinus infection. I feel the infection creeping up on my for days, then the pain and suffering hits me full force and I am out for at least a week and a half before things start dying down a bit and symptoms gradually fade away. With everything being said and done, I can usually look forward to about 3-4 weeks of snot, pain and body aches each winter.

But not this year.

I was texting my little sis and mentioned that I could feel my annual sinus infection coming on. She asked me if I could have turmeric and apple cider vinegar, and promptly told me to drown myself in them. {Okay, so she said to take a turmeric supplement and a tablespoon of ACV 3 times daily, but still...}

I couldn't find turmeric supplements near me, so I decided to just try using a heaping tablespoon of turmeric powder mixed with a tablespoon of ACV. I added enough water to get everything moving in my glass, and then swigged it down.

It was disgusting. But it worked.

I was completely symptom free in just two days!

I, of course, couldn't wait to share this bit of magic with you, but I completely forgot about it until today. You see, my throat feels a bit swollen and scratchy {oh the perks of being a teacher and working in close contact with sick children day in and day out...}. I immediately thought about how well turmeric and ACV had helped me out before, and I decided to give it a try again...

I'll keep you updated on how well it works with my throat issue - but in the meantime, drown yourself in turmeric and ACV if you're having sinus issues. And give it a try if you're suffering from something else as well :)

Edited to add...


After 24 hours, my throat was no longer swollen. After 30 hours, I had no pain whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment