Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I Mustache You a Question

Danielle from EATPRIMALRUNHARD invited me to do a special sort of blog post, a very long time ago {I tend to be quite the procrastinator}...


Be prepared to learn everything you probably didn't know you needed to know about me! Here we go...

Four names other people call me other than my real name:

My "real" name is Megan, but:
  • Most friends and family call me Meg.
  • Special family members call me Meggy, such as my Momma and my godmother.
  • My daddy calls me sweetheart.
  • My students call me Miss.


Four jobs I’ve had:
  • Teacher (this is my current job - I teach 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th grade native French speakers in English, but I don't teach them English... Got that? :-P)
  • Before that I worked at Fuddruckers (and never once tasted a burger!).
  • Before Fuddruckers, I worked at Jim's Burger Den, usually asking for double shifts each Saturday and Sunday.
  • And my first real job was working at Ridley's, a local grocery store, stocking shelves.


Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
  • Dirty Dancing
  • Asterix et Obélix aux jeux olympiques
  • Star Wars
  • Untouchable


Four books I recommend:
  • 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
  • Le parfum by Patrick Suskind
  • Les esprits de la steppe : Avec les derniers chamanes de mongolie by Corine Sombrun
  • Eitô (Lampe d'ombre) by Daniel de Bruycker


Four places I’ve lived:  

I'm an army brat, so I've been around... here are the most recent:
  • Germany, on a military base. I was only 9 and don't remember much, but I think it was great :-P
  • Middleton, Idaho, in three different houses over the span of 9 years!
  • Borlon, Belgium for a few short months (our return is scheduled for this summer!).
  • Liege, Belgium, in two apartments over the courses 6+ years.


Four places I’ve been:  
  • Brussels, Belgium. Multiple times, even just to walk around and visit for the day.
  • London, England. Three times with students to visit.
  • Les Vosges, France. On a hiking trip with the hubster.
  • Bruges, Belgium. Just once, but it was so beautiful and magical I'll never forget it.


Four places I’d rather be right now:
  • Drinking coffee with my parents in their forest home. 
  • Curled up on my best friend's couch talking about nothing and everything.
  • Snuggling with the family dog in my mother-in-law's kitchen while she cooks.
  • At my old hairdresser's, getting my hair washed.


Four of my favorite foods:
  • Mayo, which is strange because I used to hate the stuff.
  • Cookies, and especially these chewy cookies I just developed.
  • Yuca fries because reasons.
  • Dates and other dried fruits, especially apricots, prunes and figs.


Four things I don’t eat:
  • Peas, because they are either mushy or floury.
  • Blood, but I'm not completely against it.
  • Fizzy drinks, which technically no one eats.
  • Any foods that aren't paleo, of course :-P


Four TV shows I watch: 

I don't watch TV, but there are a couple American series I follow with the hubster (he's a TV addict):
  • Game of Thrones

Actually, that's the only one for the moment... but in the past I watched:
  • True Blood
  • Californication
  • Dexter


Four Things I’m looking forward to this year: 
  • Moving into a real house, leaving both apartments and city life behind me for good!
  • Getting a dog, chickens and starting a garden (in other words, having a backyard!).
  • Visiting my folks stateside - hopefully with my in-laws this time!
  • Going hiking with the hubster in beautiful areas.


Four Things I always say:
  • To my students: "Think before you speak."
  • "Y'all." I spent a measly two months visiting my folks in Texas years ago and I've been saying y'all ever since.
  • "Are you listening listening or just pretending to listen?" I say that to the hubster more than once a day.
  • "C'est pas vrai!" This is sort of the French equivalent of "no way!" I'm easily amazed :P


And, that's it! I’m inviting The Paleo Partridge, Slightly Lost Girl and Gutsy by Nature to play along - spill your guts for our reading enjoyment :)

1 comment: