Thursday, October 30, 2014

Squash Fish Bake {AIP, Paleo, Whole30}


I recently received a veggie spiralizer and have since been spiralizing all the things. And one evening the hubster and I were rushed and needed a quick dinner - so I pulled out the spiralizer.

I spiralized a mystery squash.

My cousin @primalmanon gave me squash from her garden... some were spaghetti squash {yay!} and some were... unidentified. I'm sure this recipe would work with whatever squash you have, such as pumpkin, zucchini or butternut. Heck, it would probably even taste great with veggies such as carrots. Just have fun with this one, okay?

(PS - If you don't have a spiralizer, go buy one already! Just kidding... you could dice the veggies instead :p)


Squash Fish Bake

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups of spiralized squash of choice
  • 2 fish fillets of choice
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup bone broth
  • 2 tbsp fresh thyme
  • Salt and pepper
Method:
  1. Place the squash "noodles" in a baking dish. Lay the fish on top.
  2. Pour the coconut milk and bone broth over the fish, then season with thyme, salt and pepper.
  3. Bake uncovered at 200°C {400°F} for 25-30 minutes, or until the squash is tender and the fish is lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment