Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lamb Stew {AIP, Whole30, Paleo}

There's no long, fancy story behind this recipe...

This recipe was born simply because I found lamb stew meat on sale. I looked up a few recipes, but I didn't have the necessary ingredients for any I'd the few AIP compliant recipes I found... so I decided to wing it.

And I hit the nail on the head! It was even hubster approved! I served it on chopped Savoy cabbage for a bit of green, but I ate the leftovers by themselves like a true stew. Anyway you choose to eat it, you're sure to enjoy it.

Lamb Stew

Ingredients:
  • 500 grams lamb stew meat
  • Fat of choice
  • 4 carrots, chopped
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup bone broth
  • 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Salt to taste
Method:
  1. Brown the lamb over medium heat in the fat. I used my pressure cooker, but any thick bottomed pot will work.
  2. Set the meat aside and add the onions, garlic and carrots to the fat, adding more if needed. Cook until the onions soften and brown slightly.
  3. Add the meat, liquids and spices and bring to a simmer. If using a pressure cooker, cover and pressurize, cooking for 45-60 minutes. If using a pot, simmer for 2-3 hours or until tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment