Saturday, September 27, 2014

Tuna & Peaches Salad {AIP, Whole30, Paleo}


I already have a recipe for tuna and peaches here on the blog... it's a Belgian favorite, so it was one of the first recipes I posted.

Since then, I've dappled with AIP a bit, and I've discovered I feel great on this diet {I hate that word}. And while I don't follow it strictly, I do eat mostly AIP now. This means I limit my consumption of mayo.

At first I was sad - no mayo means no tuna and peaches. But then I remembered my dear friend avocado. Of course! Avocado would help me.

And boy did it ever! Tuna and peaches have become my traditional Saturday post-WOD lunch. The hubster still down his in mayo, but I now revel in the deliciousness of avocado!

Tuna & Peaches Salad

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups mixed greens
  • 1 can of tuna, drained
  • 1/2 an avocado
  • 1 peach or two canned peach halves
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Mix together the tuna, vinegar and avocado, seasoning to taste.
  2. Place the greens on a plate, top with the peach halves, then the tuna mix.
  3. Enjoy immediately. {If making ahead of time, pack the peaches and tuna separately from the greens.}

No comments:

Post a Comment