Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Smoothie {AIP, Paleo}

So Mika from Slightly Lost Girl recently shared her recipe for Pumpkin Spice Na'tte... and once I finally got around to reading it, I fell in love with the flavor! It tastes just like autumn should taste - like pumpkins and warm spices!

But.

I'm not a huge fan of hot drinks. I love a steamy cup of tea, and hot black or bulletproof coffee really hits the spot, but once too many flavors coffee into play, I just prefer my drink to be cold and frappe. Yes, even in autumn.

I still craved the flavors of Mika's Na'tte though, so I decided to combine them into a smoothie, crossing my fingers that it would turn out alright and not tasting like banana...

It worked wonderfully. And you know what else? It makes a delicious pudding as well!

Now I used the same spices as Mika, except for the mace - simply because I can't find it here in Belgium. If you are lucky enough to live in a country with mace, add in a dash - your taste buds are sure to thank you!

Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Inspired by Mika's Pumpkin Spice Na'tte

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 banana
  • 5 ice cubes
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
Method:
  1. If making a smoothie: Blend everything until smooth together using an immersion blender or a high power blender.
  2. If making pudding: Blend everything except the milk and ice together until smooth using an immersion blender or a high power blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment