Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pépé does it better. {Shredded Beet Salad}


I am a HUGE fan of mustard, and put it on basically everything. I've even eaten it by the spoonful. I'm pretty much gaga over mustard. So when my cousin Manon asked for advice of how to eat her beets, I quickly recommended my Bister Beet Salad, confident that she would love it just as much as I did!


Well, she tried it and had this to say: 

Bister Beet Salad that I really liked!
But Meg, I have to say I like Pépé's better :)

Well... if Pépé's was better, it had to be good! I would have to ask Pépé how he made his...

Shortly after this, I decided to do an AIP Whole30. This meant no mustard {mustard is made from ground mustard seeds, seeds being off-limits for AIP}. But, Bister L'Impériale is a type of mustard! This took my want to try Pépé's beets to need to try Pépé's beets.

Luckily I invited myself was invited over for lunch that week - and Pépé prepared freshly harvested beets!

Verdict? They are good. Real good. Possibly even better than my Bister Beets, but I'll let you be the judge.


Shredded Beet Salad

Ingredients:
  • 2 small, young beets, peeled and shredded
  • 1 green onion, sliced
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Combine beets, onions, oil and vinegar, tossing to mix.
  2. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  3. Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate for up to 4 days.

2 comments: