Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Serendipity is a Happy Accident {Reese's Pieces Paleo Pudding}


I often throw together a quick chocolate paleo pudding when I'm in the mood for something sweet. There are many recipes out there on the 'net, but I usually just threw a banana, half an avocado, some cacao and some honey into a blender and went with it. It was fast, delicious and semi-healthy - I loved it!

One day though, I got a hankering for a bowl'o'pudding, only to realize my godson had eaten the last of my bananas! I sadly stared at the avocado in my hand and wondered if I could make it work sans banana. I decided to give it a try and threw a couple more ingredients into my blender, hoping for the best.



And the best is what I got!

The first taste sent my taste buds soaring! I knew this flavor! I couldn't quite put my finger on it though, so I took another spoonful... and then it hit me. Reese's Pieces. Oh yeah baby.



I honestly don't know if I'll ever go back to my old method again.


Reese's Pieces Paleo Pudding

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 2 tbsp cacao powder
  • 1-2 tbsp raw honey
  • 1 tbsp coconut milk
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt
Method:
  1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. You may also use an immersion blender.
  2. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

I'm pretty sure this would make a delicious pie filling as well... just be sure to multiply the ingredients accordingly to fill your pie shell. I would also omit the coconut milk, to achieve a slightly thicker consistency better suited to a pie filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment