Thursday, July 17, 2014

PB&J, Paleo-Style {in cookie form!}

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw my little pots of homemade cashew butter make a couple appearances. Cashew butter is my favorite nut butter, not only because it's delicious, but also because it's the cheapest and easiest for me to make myself. Every so often I make or buy another kind, but I always come back to cashew.

One of my favorite ways to eat this nut butter is on celery sticks with dried fruit, cherries being my first choice. This particular combo of nut-butter-with-fruit reminds me of the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I ate growing up. Every so often I get the urge for a big ole PB&J, and this always hits the spot.

The other day though, I didn't have celery sticks. I wanted my cashew butter and fruit fix though, and I wanted it now. I put on my thinking cap and decided to turn my urge into a cookie - and the results were fantastic!

Not only are these cookies soft and chewy, but they are full of PB&J flavor!

Pile them high for softer cookies, or flattened them out for slightly crisper ones. Change out the dried cranberries for your favorite fruit bits - or even try them with chocolate chips!

You can also change up the nut butters, using what you love best. I'm thinking an almond butter and chocolate version would be to die for!

Enjoy!


Paleo PB&J Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup dried fruit
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Method:
  1. Mix together all the ingredients.
  2. Drop batter onto a non-stick baking surface, forming 8 cookies. Leave rounded for a soft cookie, flatten with the back of a spoon for a crisper cookie (the cookies will not spread).
  3. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 180°C (350°F), or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
  4. Allow to cool completely before eating.

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely making these! But with chocolate and peanut butter instead :)

    ReplyDelete