Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's that time again, folks {Whole30, Take Three}

My last Whole30 officially ended May 10th, or, just over 9 weeks ago. It went amazingly well and I felt better than I ever had. You can read about the benefits I saw here.

Then I slowly slipped back into my old ways - albeit, into old ways that are sustainable, if that makes sense.

Yes, I'm baking again. I'm eating sugar again. I'm snacking for the pure pleasure of eating again. But none of it is out of control. I feel happy and satisfied and I'm enjoying life and food. I don't feel restricted, out of control, or any other of my old ED feelings. It's a truly liberating feeling to be able to eat, enjoy what I eat, and move on with my life.

Why, then, am I embarking on another Whole30?

Because of the flatulence. And the burps. And the IBS. And the insomnia.

These symptoms started reappearing, one by one, slowly, until I realized today that I am extremely gassy, irregular and tired.

Something in my diet is causing this distress, and I am determined to figure out what it is. Thanks to Jaime from Gusty by Nature, I've decided to hit the "reset" button. I will therefore be starting an AIP-inspired Whole30 next Monday, July 21st. Why this date? Well, there are a couple reasons. 

First reason: I have 10 recipes waiting to be posted that aren't Whole30 compliant. I would like to get them posted before I start, that way anyone who would like to follow along with me won't be tempted by my delicious treats :p Therefore, I will be posting 2 treats per day for the next few days...

Second reason: I have a few non-Whole30 foods I'd like to finish off beforehand. These are foods the hubster won't eat, and I don't want them to go to waste.

Now, on to the practical matters... over the course of the next 6 days, I will finish the rest of my attempted Samoas, my kombucha and my two open jam jars. I will not bake or make any other SWYPO foods.

During my Whole30, I plan on following the basic Whole30 rules:

Eat meat, seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats [...] Eat foods with [...] no ingredients listed at all because they’re totally natural and unprocessed.

I will also be implementing a couple AIP guidelines because I suspect I may have a couple food sensitivities I have yet to pinpoint... I will therefore also be eliminating the following foods for 30 days:

Nuts
Tapioca
Seeds (+ cocoa, coffee & seed-based spices)


I will be limiting:


Eggs
Coconut
Fructose

If you'd like to follow along with my Whole30 detox, simple tag your photos on Instagram using the hash tag #Whole30AndThriving so I can find you and feature some of your yummy Whole30 meal ideas! You may just inspire someone yourself...

And get prepared to be bombarded with treats and SWYPO for the next week!


2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed this before... I'm so honored that I inspired you! I'm looking forward to reading about and watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to keep you updated! :-D

      Delete