Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'm too comfortable in the kitchen {Halva Drops}

I've always been at ease in the kitchen. I rarely follow directions or recipes and usually just "wing it", doing my own thing with the ingredients I have in hand.

Sometimes, I'll have an idea in mind and I do a quick internet search so I can read over a couple recipes. I might even research a new ingredient I want to use or a different technique I'd like to try. Then I'll end up combining them all to satisfy my wants and needs.

Other times though, I'll just had to the kitchen, grab ingredients that sound good to me, mix them together and enjoy the results.

These drop cookies were the creation of one such time.

They ended up being delicately sweet and ever so soft and fluffy! They are also vegan, grain free, nut free and dairy free. One last thing: there are only 3 ingredients.

Oh yeah. You read that right. You are now 3 ingredients and about 12 minutes away from delicious cookies that taste like an airy version of Halva. These cookies aren't nearly as dense as Halva is, but they also aren't nearly as sickeningly sweet.

Enjoy these super simple cookies anytime your sweet tooth starts acting up - they're full of protein, low in sugar, and oh so yummy!




Halva Drop Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Tahini
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 3 tbsp maple syrup
Method:
  1. Mix together all the ingredients.
  2. Drop into 9 equal-sized piles on a non-stick baking tray.
  3. Bake 10 minutes at 180°C (350°F). Allow to cool for about a minute on the tray, then remove and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment