Thursday, July 10, 2014

I've Never Actually Eaten There {Paleo Fuddruckers Burgers}


Six years ago, while visiting my parents in America, I worked at Fuddruckers for about two weeks. I had a lot of fun during those two weeks, and the people there were great - except my shift manager.

She was out to get me.

I'm still not sure what I did to irk her, but whatever it was, I did it bad. She did everything she could to make my time spent in that joint Hell on Earth. And one day she pushed things too far - I walked out of the place and never looked back.

{I did call and talk to the head manager, he was really sad to see me go, but really understanding.}

Anyway, all that to say I never actually got the chance to eat a Fuddruckers burger. Before, I never lived near a Fuddruckers. The two weeks I spent working there were so busy, the last thing I wanted to do after work was eat one of the burgers I had spent all day seeking. And since I had a sort of fall-out with the manager, I didn't really feel like going there after I quit.

I always figured I'd get another chance to eat a Fuddruckers burger, so I really wasn't worried about it.

Well, things didn't turn out as I thought they would.

I didn't end up going back to visit my folks in America for another five years... and when I finally did get the chance to go back, not only had they moved with no Fuddruckers, but I had adopted a paleo lifestyle.

Fuddruckers was something I would never get to taste.

I mourned {for all of five minutes} and decided that I really didn't mind all that much. I went about my life without giving Fuddruckers another thought.



Until I saw South Beach Primal's recipe for Fuddruckers Burgers. I decided I needed to give them a try.

Now, I have no idea if these taste like Fuddruckers Burgers or not, but I do know they're delicious. Like, my new favorite burger delicious. The hubster may or may not have used the F-word {and no, it wasn't Fuddruckers} plus the word delicious to describe these bad boys. Three times. I think that means they are Hubster Approved.

Throw a batch of these together now and get to nomming. You can thank me later.


Paleo Fuddruckers Burgers

Ingredients:

  • 200 grams ground pork
  • 200 grams ground beef
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp Himalaya salt
  • 1 tsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp minced dried onion
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Method:
  1. Mix everything together thoroughly and form meat into four patties.
  2. Heat fat of choice in a pan over medium heat. Add the patties.
  3. Flip when cooked halfway through and browned on the bottom, and finish cooking until desired doneness.
  4. Serve on paleo buns or in lettuce wraps with toppings of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment