Saturday, July 19, 2014

And This Shall be Her Winter Pudding {Green Pudding}

I am, as you may know, slightly obsessed with chocolate, and, as of late, chocolate pudding. I was never that big of a pudding fan pre-paleo - I would eat it if the opportunity arose, and I made it from scratch once, but that was about it.

Since going paleo though, things have changed. Chocolate pudding, and the very definition of what a pudding is, has changed.

Now, I love pudding, and every time I make a pudding, my goal is to see how many good-for-you superfoods I can cram into each bowl without being able to taste anything but chocolately goodness.

I'm getting pretty dang good at it, too.


As seen on Instagram - a random lunch pairing that satisfied every craving I had going on at that moment.

Take this green pudding bowl, for example. Would you guess there is at least one cup of spinach in there? Or 1/4 of an avocado? No? I didn't think so.

I hadn't even planned on sharing the recipe, actually, but my adorable cousin Manon changed my mind {follow her @primalmanon for gorgeous photos and her insanely cute Frenchie, Ivy}. First, she told me the combos I made sounded "weird". I wanted to prove her wrong. Then she made me laugh by saying this could be her "winter pudding" - which at first I didn't understand! 


You see, Manon suffers from seasonal allergies. Like, bad. Like so bad, I wish I could publish her freakish puffy allergy face on my blog to show y'all, but she'd totally kill me bad. And summer allergies plus bee pollen is just a recipe for disaster in her book. She likes the stuff though, so she's going to try reintroducing it slowly into her diet once the summer is over, hence the name "winter pudding".

So, without further ado, here is the recipe for my insanely delicious and deceptively healthy green pudding - or, if you prefer, winter pudding.


Green Pudding

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1/4 an avocado
  • 1-2 tbsp honey
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cacao
  • 1 tbsp coconut cream (or 1/2 tbsp coconut milk)
  • 1 tbsp tahini
Optional toppings: 
  • 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
  • 1 tsp bee pollen
Method:
  1. Mix everything together using an immersion blender. 
  2. Top with cacao nibs and bee pollen, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, and is something I will also be making!

    You could also put strawberries or raspberries on top, even roasted nuts (if you can handle them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! This basic recipe could be adapted to suit so many different tastes and occasions!

      Delete