Wednesday, July 30, 2014

AIP Guacamole {my other recipe has mustard}

The common theme of today's post is nachos. But there are certain things required for delicious nachos, such as cheese, chips, veggies, spices, meat... and guacamole.

My tried-and-true, love-it-so-much recipe has mustard in it, so that was a no-go since I am doing an AIP Whole30 for the moment... I would have turned to Nom Nom Paleo's guacamole, but I didn't have shallots or lime.

So I improvised.



It ended up being insanely delicious and the hubster loudly proclaimed that he just loved guacamole - which I think means it's also hubster approved!

{I have to say though, he was in a rather good mood that evening. He even "invented" a little song and dance to "go with the green onions", which he sang and danced while waiting for his Loaded Nachos to cook. If you're curious, the only words to that song were "les petits oignons..." repeated over and over again, as he pranced around, moving his hands ever so slightly as if he was jumping rope... You have to realize, he weighs in at just under 100 kilos of mostly muscle and he doesn't usually "dance". This was quite the sight to see, and should, if anything, tell you this meal was damn good.}

Feel free to double the recipe if you're feeding a crowd, or just to have some on hand for a couple days in the fridge. It's delicious on everything!

AIP Guacamole

Ingredients:
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/2 an onion, diced
  • 1/2 a lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Mix everything together and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love guacamole! and I love your blog!

    Tina

    www.fdicct.org

    ReplyDelete