Thursday, June 26, 2014

Nosh & Nourish Inspiration {Reese's Spinach Shake}

When I first starting eating clean and trying to eliminate excess start from my diet, I stumbled upon Kelly's blog and immediately feel in love with her, with her inspiring story, and with her deliciously simple recipes - but mostly with her adorable little girl, Babycakes.

At the time, her blog was known as The No Sugar Sweet Life {I hope I remembered that correctly!}. As she, and her eating habits, evolved, so did her blog which is now called Nosh & Nourish. Her recipes are nourishing, always sneak in super foods and are family-friendly.

Sadly for me, very few of her recipes are paleo-friendly, and my food allergies really keep me from making even small exceptions to try them out. I still enjoy following her though, reading about her adventures, watching Babycakes grow up, and drooling over her gorgeous photos.



One recipe couldn't be passed up though. I had to taste this one particular smoothie no matter what.

I wasn't going to make myself sick over it though, so I set about making it paleo-friendly.

Now, I don't know if it tastes like Kelly's version, as I can't try hers, but I can assure you that this recipe is a keeper! It is soooooo good!

The flavor of the Tahini marries perfectly with the cacao and completely hides the taste of the spinach! I really was surprised at how delicious this ended up being, as I'm not much of a smoothie person and really haven't played around with them all that much.



As is, I would consider this more of a milkshake, closer to healthy treat than a meal. If you'd like to add a bit more nutritional value to it, throw in a couple of raw eggs and enjoy this as a tasty breakfast-to-go!

If you don't have a nut allergy and don't need nut free smoothies, you could also substitute any nut butter you have on hand.

I'm also thinking a handful of cherries or strawberries added to the mix would be absolutely divine!

Any way you choose to prepare this, you're bound to love it! And head over to Kelly's blog while you're at it to thank her for having such a great idea :-D

Reese's Spinach Shake



Ingredients:
  • The top half of a chilled can of coconut milk + a bit of the bottom half as needed
  • 2 tbsp Tahini
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp cacao
  • 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 6 ice cubes
Method:
  1. Add everything to a high-powered blender and pulse until everything is mixed.
  2. Then, blend on high until smooth.
  3. Add extra coconut milk as desired for a thinner consistency.
  4. Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment