Thursday, June 5, 2014

Coffee Can't Havers Rejoice - Again! {Bulletproof Tea}

So, awhile back I proposed a blended iced tea {or herbal infusion} drink for my coffee-free followers who were sick of seeing all my iced coffee posts. 

Then one evening, as I was surfing the 'net in my jammies on the couch, I was a tiny bit hungry and got the urge to drink a Bulletproof Coffee. It was late though, and I really didn't want to amp up my caffeine levels right before bed... but a warm, frothy drink just sounded so good!

I decided to try out a Bulletproof Tea.

Considering the late hour, I choose an organic herbal infusion, and let it steep for about 7 minutes instead of the recommended 5. Once steeped, I plopped in one of my Coconini Cinnamon Fat Bombs and gave it all a whirl in my blender. I then poured out the frothiest herbal infusion I had ever seen... and took a sip.

It was perfect.



The flavor of the herbs was boosted by the cinnamon in the fat bomb, and the coconut milk and tahini turned the drink into a frothy, creamy dessert! And, of course, the healthy fats from the ghee and coconut oil filled the little spot that was left in my stomach.

This drink would be the perfect way to start off your bulletproof day, using a freshly brewed cup of tea, or, as I experimented, to wind down before bed using your favorite herbal infusion.



You could also reap extra benefits from this by adding in medicinal spices, such as turmeric and ginger - they would only add to the deliciousness!

If you don't have some of my Coconini Cinnamon Fat Bombs on hand, feel free to substitute your own {but seriously, you should try them - or try my Chocolate Tahini Fat Bombs or even Ginger Lime Fat Bombs if you prefer}, or you could follow one my recipes for Chocolate, Cinnamon Spice or Pump It Up Bulletproof Coffees, just replacing the coffee with tea or an infusion.

Also, depending on the size you make your fat bombs {and depending on how frothy/fatty you'd like your Bulletproof Tea to be} you may want to add two or more to the drink. Play around and find your perfect mix!


Bulletproof Tea

Ingredients:
Method:
  1. Blend the tea with the fat bomb(s) until fully mixed and deliciously frothy.
  2. Drink immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment