Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies v4.0 {Chocolate Chip Cookies}


I've been trying to develop a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is as good as my old recipe for a little over a year now. There is just something so magical about flour and cane sugar though and it's pretty much impossible to recreate something that relies on those two ingredients without using them!



To make matters even worse, I wanted this cookie to be nut-free as I have realized eating too many nuts in one sitting causes me tummy problems.

I think I've finally gotten pretty close with this recipe though - but it wasn't without a bit of trial and error! There were many attempts before this one, such as this recipe for Chocolate Chip Scones, as well as the Chocolate Chip Cakies... 



I wouldn't say these are as good as my wheat-filled cookies, but they are pretty damn close - the closest I've tasted since going paleo! And to make the deal even sweeter, they are nut free, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, grain free, legume free... perfect for maintaining my delicate gut health all while treating myself!



These taste great fresh from the oven, cooled on the counter and even cold from the fridge or freezer! Dunk into a tall glass of cold coconut milk and you have the perfect afternoon snack that will fool even the most difficult non-paleo eater you know!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
save this

Ingredients:
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
  2. Blend together the ghee, honey, tahini, egg and vanilla.
  3. Stir in the baking powder and sea salt, then stir in the coconut and tapioca flour.
  4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  5. Drop onto a non-stick baking surface and bake for 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment