Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies v1.0 {Chocolate Chip Scones}

I've been trying to develop a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is as good as my old recipe for a little over a year now. There is just something so magical about flour and cane sugar though and it's pretty much impossible to recreate something that relies on those two ingredients without using them!

To make matters even worse, I wanted this cookie to be nut-free as I have realized eating too many nuts in one sitting causes me tummy problems.

I think I've finally gotten pretty close with this recipe though - but it wasn't without a bit of trial and error! There were many attempts before this one, but this was the first nut-free version I tried, hence the title "Chocolate Chip Cookies v1.0".



And while I wouldn't consider this to be a true chocolate chip cookie, it did end up being a pretty tasty chocolate chip scone! So, if you're into to that sort of thing, give this recipe a go! It would also be delicious with any sort of add-in besides chocolate - don't hesitate to personalize this and make it your own.

You can either drop this onto the baking sheet to create individual scones, or press it out into a flat shape and cut apart - whichever you prefer :)


Chocolate Chip Scones
save this

Ingredients:
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
  2. Blend together the ghee, honey, tahini, egg and vanilla.
  3. Stir in the baking powder and sea salt, then stir in the coconut flour.
  4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  5. Drop onto a non-stick baking surface and bake for 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment