Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hipster, take two {cacao cold brew}

I am a rather simple creature, and it takes very little to please me. Giving me something tasty to eat or drink is one easy way to make me happy - and cold brew coffee concentrate has become one of my newest favorite things to drink.


I first looked into cold brew when I started seeing it all over my Instagram feed... and had my hopes crash down around me when I realized I would not be able to taste the Chameleon Cold Brew that my fellow foodies seem to enjoy so much. After checking out their website, I decided to give the brewing process a go myself, and came up with a pretty gnarly tasting iced coffee.

And while this recipe is a great one that I love, I was still intrigued by the "Mocha" flavor offered by Chameleon Cold Brew... I decided that I needed a chocolatey version for myself as well, so I got to work.

The result? A deep, rich tasting coffee - and the smell is well worth waking up for! A bit of coconut milk poured on top completes this delicious drink - and it's way better {for your health and wallet!} than anything Starbucks could ever hope to offer!


Cacao Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate

Ingredients:
  • 50-60 grams coffee grounds
  • 2 tbsp cacao powder
  • 1 liter boiling water
Method:
  1. Pour boiling water over the coffee grounds and cacao, stirring well to make sure all the dry ingredients get mixed with the water.
  2. Cover and let sit for up to 24 hours.
  3. Strain well and store in fridge for up to two weeks.
  4. Use straight or diluted with milk and/or water.

No comments:

Post a Comment