Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Goal Setting {I made a video}

I am part of a Facebook group called 2C Fitness Challenge 2014. My Aunt Tracy invited me to join awhile back. The groups' owner/creator Irma posts weekly challenges for the members as a way of keeping us motivated, pushing us further, encouraging us to try new things, allowing us to share with others, and much, much more!

I love having little challenges to do each week, and while I don't do them all, I try my best to follow along.

This weeks' challenge was a guest challenge by Michele. She wanted us to create a Strengths & Weaknesses video, as well as a list of three personal goals and three steps to take in order to make those goals a reality. 

I have never made a video before, so this was a true challenge for me! I enjoyed watching the others though, so I decided to just go for it! Please excuse the wobbliness of the camera - I filmed this on my Smart Phone! 



So, that was my dorky video - now for my goals! It was hard to choose just three, so I added in a couple extras {hey - gotta take advantage of the motivation when it strikes me!}.

  1. Lose the weight I have gained back since this summer. I have slacked off on my eating since my vacation this year and am back at my starting weight.
  2. Be a better wife to the hubster. I save all my bitchiness for him, because I know he will love me no matter what - time to get rid of the bitchiness altogether!
  3. Inspire others to "go paleo" and adopt a cleaner, healthier, fitter lifestyle.
  4. Make sleep a true priority - and not just any old sleep, but quality sleep!
  5. Reduce the stress in my life.

As Michele reminded us, having goals is one thing, but you really need a game plan to get you to those goals! Here are my ideas for achieving them:


  1. Focus on eating whole foods - nothing from a box, no funky additives, cook everything from scratch and choose organic and local products whenever possible - as well as exercising and remaining active.
  2. Make wise-for-me food choices. Carbs and sugar - in any form - cause terrible mood swings and brain fog, so these will need to be limited.
  3. Continue testing, creating and posting delicious recipes to my blog - if you're anything like me, you're ruled by your stomach and sticking to any sort of diet plan is only possible if you're well fed!
  4. Unplug at least an hour before going to bed, unwind with a relaxing activity, and turn off the lights at least seven hours before my alarm is set to go off - earlier if I can manage it!
  5. Get as much work done as possible at work so I am free to relax {and do housework :p} when at home.

There you are, my strengths, my weaknesses, my goals and my motivations in a nutshell. Feel free to share your own goals and the steps you'll take to achieve them in the comments below - you just might motivate someone in turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment