Thursday, May 29, 2014

Everyone's asking about it... {my daily cup of Joe}

As seen on Instagram - follow me for more inspiration.
At least every couple of days, someone asks me what's in my awesome zebra mug. And my answer is pretty much the same each time, so I thought I'd throw together a quick recipe post explaining how I make my everyday cup of Joe.

I mimic the increasingly popular Bulletproof Coffee marketed by Dave Asprey, the Bulletproof Executive. Now, he claims this is his original idea, and I've even seen him post uppity snippets about copycats on his Facebook account, but I honestly don't think he was the first person to think about putting fat into coffee. But I digress...

If you want to go the official route, hit up his website and order his products. It'll probably make him a super happy camper.

If you want to go your own route, just do what I do - put grass-fed butter {I use Kerrygold or locally sourced, unsalted butter} and coconut oil in your coffee. It's sure to make you a happy camper.

There are so many recipes out there for imitation Bulletproof Coffee because everyone has their own personal preferences. Your best bet is to experiment for yourself and find what works for you. I would suggest starting out with very little butter and oil though, as the high dosage can have immediate laxative effects if you're not used to it :p

And for those of you that would like a bit of guidance, here's a great chocolate flavored bulletproof coffee recipe that's perfect for beginners. If you'd like to take it to the next level, give this yummy concoction a go.

And if you're a seasoned veteran such as myself, try out my latest, go-to bulletproof coffee I drink nearly every morning now.


Cinnamon Spice Bulletproof Coffee

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of freshly brewed coffee
  • 1 tbsp ghee
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric
  • 1/8 tsp ginger
  • A splash of coconut milk
Method:
  1. Blend everything together using a blender, milk frother, etc.
  2. Drink immediately.

Want an even faster {and dare I say yummier?} method? Whip up some fat bombs and throw a couple into your coffee each morning! The tahini in my recipes makes the coffee super frothy and smooth tasting! I have a Chocolate Tahini version and a Cinnamon Coconut Tahini version.


No comments:

Post a Comment