Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Not that veggie again! {celery slaw}

I love picking up my weekly veggie basket, and I love being surprised each week by the different veggies and the new ways of preparing them.

But there's one veggie I dread seeing in that basket. Celery.

You see, the hubster doesn't care much for celery. And I like it, but only loaded with nut butter or something like chicken salad.

And let me tell you, only having those two options was getting pretty old.

I had tried it braised once. And I hated it. I could sneak a stalk or two into sauces, but that still left me with the rest of the bunch.

I decided to try dressing it up a bit.

I made a simple mayo-based dressing and sliced it all up.

It was delicious - and even hubster approved! He took the leftovers to work for his lunch the next day!

And now, instead of dreading my next bunch of celery, I'm actually kinda looking forward to it...


Celery Slaw

Ingredients:
  • 1 small bunch of celery, leaves removed
  • 1 1/2 tbsp homemade mayo
  • 3/4 tbsp white wine vinegar
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Wash and slice the celery.
  2. Mix together the mayo and vinegar, season with salt and pepper.
  3. Drizzle the dressing over the celery and toss to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment