Thursday, April 17, 2014

I heart Idaho {fauxtato salad}

I'm very happy here in Belgium, and I don't care to leave any time soon.

But.

A piece of my heart is, and always will be, lost somewhere deep in the beautiful wilderness of Idaho.

And for some strange reason, every time I think of Idaho, I think of potatoes.

And thinking of potatoes usually makes me think of my Momma's potato salad.

All of this led me to a bowl of warm, freshly mixed together, fauxtato salad.

The recipe is simple, but the possibilities are endless. Feel free to mix up the seasonings to suit your tastes - or to mimic your own momma's delicious recipe!



Fauxtato Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup homemade mayo
  • 1/2 tbsp yellow mustard
  • 1/2 tbsp parsley
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • Sea salt and black pepper
  • 1 tbsp pickle juice
  • 1/4 cup pearl onions
  • 1/4 cup mini vinegar pickles
  • 2 green onions
  • 1 hard boiled egg
  • 1/2 a head of cauliflower
Method:
  1. Chop the cauliflower into smallish pieces. Steam until fork tender and set aside to cool.
  2. Mix together the mayo, mustard, parsley, garlic and pickle juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  3. Chop the onions, pickles, and egg. Add this to the cauliflower pieces and drizzle with the sauce.
  4. Toss to combine ingredients and adjust seasoning as desired.
  5. Serve immediately. Keeps in fridge for up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment