Saturday, April 5, 2014

I don't miss oats at all {Boatmeal for breakfast}


While perusing Instagram one day, I fell upon a breakfast dish prepared by @livethepaleolife: banana n'oatmeal.

I was immediately intrigued, so I gave it a try.

I made two batches that first time because one just wasn't enough. (Neither were two, but I figured eating more than two bananas in one sitting would be just a wee bit exaggerated.)

The original recipe called for 1 banana and 1 egg, but I personally need something a bit more filling. I tried it out with two eggs - lo and behold, it still tasted amazing!

I usually pair this hot bowl of deliciousness with a side of bacon and some veggies, and it keeps me full until lunch time.

It's "fancy" enough for a special, weekend breakfast, but quick enough to whip up a bowl during the week as well.

And the possibilities are endless! You can add anything you'd like, such as spices, chocolate, nuts, chopped fruit... adding a drizzle of your favorite "milk" just before serving is delicious as well.

Cook up a bowl and see for yourself how tasty this little dish truly is.


Boatmeal

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2+ tbsp add-ins (raisins, nuts...)
  • Fat of choice for cooking
Method:
  1. Mash the banana in a well greased saucepan.
  2. Whisk in the eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Cook over medium to medium-low heat.
  3. Just before the eggs are cooked to your preference, stir in any additional ingredients.
  4. Serve hot. Reheats wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment