Monday, April 14, 2014

He says he hates carrots {he just hates mushy ones - Crispy Carrot Linguine}


The hubster isn't difficult when it comes to food. As long as I stay away from melons and cucumbers, he'll eat just about anything.
I usually just fill up my frying pan.

Except cooked carrots.

He loves grated carrot salad.

He loves carrot sticks dipped in ranch or in hummus.

He loves shredded carrot on his sandwiches.

But.

He turns his nose up at carrots in stews and other sauces.

He eats around the carrots when I bake up a cauli-broccoli-carrot medley.

He refuses to touch carrots roasted alongside a chicken.

Then, I found the solution: make the carrots crispy. I had once eaten "carrot linguine" at a gourmet restaurant and I had loved it, so maybe I could use the same method to reconcile the hubster with cooked carrots.

I tried it out for dinner one evening, hesitant to see his reaction... but he loved it!

I used my trusty Pampered Chef mandolin slicer (thanks, Momma!) to make long strips of carrots. Then I fried them up to a crispy perfection in ghee and sprinkled them with freshly ground sea salt.

Delicious, easy - and the man will eat cooked carrots now!


Crispy Carrot Linguine

Ingredients:
  • carrots, about 2-3 per person
  • ghee, about 1 tbsp per person
  • Sea salt to taste
Method:
  1. Slice the carrots using a mandolin or a food peeler. 
  2. Melt the ghee in a frying pan over medium heat.
  3. Cook the carrots until crispy, turning frequently.
  4. Serve hot, sprinkled with sea salt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment