Sunday, April 13, 2014

Diets Shmi-ets... {Caesar Salad Dressing}

I, like most women, have spent years trying to find the key to successful weight loss. I believe I have found it (along with improved health and well-being to boot!) in a low-carb paleo-style diet.

But before finding this lifestyle, I had tried many, many diets. Some were more or less effective than others, just as some were more or less sustainable than others.

One of the less crazy diets was introduced to me by my Momma. She loved the show "Cook Yourself Thin" and gifted me their cookbook years ago. 


The three gals behind this idea of cooking yourself thin do not follow a paleo lifestyle, but I do agree with many of their guidelines and the cookbook is full of lots of great (and easy to follow) health tips.

I was even recently surprised to find that 10 out of their 11 healthiest foods are paleo approved! (And the 11th is whey protein, so depending on your personal approach to paleo, the list could even be 100% a-okay!)

I used this cookbook often before I went paleo, and even now I pull it out every once and a while to make a certain favorite recipe or to use as inspiration for a new recipe.

Such was the case for the Caesar dressing.

Their "lightened" version of the classic Caesar Salad was one of my favorite recipes from the book. Alas, the use of Greek yogurt in the dressing made it a no-go for me. I got a huge craving for Caesar salad one day though, and pulled the book off the shelf, determined to make a version I could stomach.

And success was mine!

This version is not only paleo, it's also delicious and creamy just like the original Caesar dressing I loved so much in my pre-paleo days!

If I was you, I'd make up a huge batch of this to have on hand in the fridge - you're going to love it that much!


Caesar Dressing

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp canned coconut milk
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp white wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2-1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp anchovy paste
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Mix everything together until well combined.
  2. Serve over your favorite salad or store in the fridge for up to one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment