Saturday, April 26, 2014

Coffee Can't Havers, Rejoice! {for I bring you blended tea goodness}

Look at that mousse!
Alright, so I've been posting a lot of pictures of iced coffee lately... and that's because I've been drinking a lot of iced coffee lately. That apparently makes me a hipster, but being a hipster tastes so good that I don't even care.

Sadly though, a lot of my IG followers mentioned the fact that they can't stomach coffee for one reason or another. First, this made me sad for them, because, well, coffee. Coffee is just plain delicious. Then I was sad because I didn't have an alternative recipe to offer them. I mean, I'm trying to achieve food-blogger status here, and I don't even have an alternative to iced coffee.

So, I mixed up an iced coffee for myself, which made me happy again, and got busy brainstorming a tasty alternative for those who cannot have coffee.

Then today I received two packets of tea from a co-worker. {Yes, just two packets. We're always passing each other a pack or two of especially yummy tea as we taste a new one.}

It was described as a red fruit and herb infusion {so if you can't even have tea, you're still in luck!} and it was just the push I needed to put my alternative to test.

The results were delicious. I kinda feel as if I'm cheating on my Whole30 drinking something so yummy - and the pink color only adds to the impression!

If you're doing a Whole30 and really want to break free of the death grip desserts and snacks have over you, maybe you'll wanna wait to give this yummy drink a go.

If not, go for it. Now. You'll be glad you did.


Blended Iced Tea

Ingredients:
  • tea or infusion of choice
  • 1 cup of water
  • a handful of ice
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
Method:
  1. Boil 1 cup of water and brew your favorite tea or infusion. Once cooled, place in fridge at least until cooled, but overnight works too.
  2. Once cold, put tea, ice and milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
  3. Drink and enjoy!

P.S. This method would work wonderfully with coffee as well, for a super yummy blended coffee treat! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment