Friday, April 11, 2014

Almost as good as Ranch Mix {Italian Seasoning}

I eat a lot of salads for lunch. And we often have a small side salad with dinner. And my husband takes salads for his lunch fairly often as well.

And who says salad says salad dressing.

Now sometimes I'll mix up special dressings for my salads when I prep them for the week. And if it's a planned dinner side, it'll usually get a special sauce as well.

But for those times when the hubster decides in the morning that he'd like a salad for lunch that same day, or for nights when we're quickly throwing something together for dinner, this spice mix gets used.

I simply mix together equal parts homemade mayo and white wine vinegar, then add a bit of this magical stuff. BAM. Instant salad dressing with maximum yum. The hubster has even declared this spice mix to be "magical" and "something to pass along to our children". Yeah, it's that good.

It's also a great mix for coating chicken - just mix 1 tablespoon of it with 1/4 cup of your favorite flour.

I add this to sauces of all kinds, sprinkle it on meats... I use it all the time!

Mix up a big batch today and get to seasoning!


Italian Seasoning

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup onion powder
  • 1/4 cup parsley
  • 3 tbsp oregano
  • 2 tbsp garlic powder
  • 2 tbsp celery salt
  • 1/2 tbsp pepper
  • 1 tsp thyme
Method:

  1. Mix everything together and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment