Monday, March 10, 2014

Sometimes I want dessert {chocolate rochers}

Sometimes I want dessert, so I grab my favorite cookbooks or peruse my favorite blogs and find a delicious looking recipe to try out. I pull out the measuring cups, the fancy ingredients, I preheat the oven...

But other times I want dessert, and I want it right that very moment.

When I just can't wait any longer for a sweet treat, and fresh/dried fruit just won't cut it for me, I quickly whip up a batch of these bad boys.

(Note for the women out there reading this: this is my go-to "once a month" treat, if you know what I mean...).

These pretty little cookies are fragile, delicate, finicky little fellows, but I can't seem to get enough of them. If you ever loved any sort of candy bar that involved coconut and chocolate, these little piles of gooey happiness are especially for you.

Oh, and that part about refrigerating until set? Not necessary. I mean, they do fall apart easier if you eat them warm, but who really cares about something as silly as a bit of chocolate on your chin?

(These are delightfully delicious frozen though, as well. Heck, they're just good whatever way you choose to eat them!)

Chocolate Rochers



Ingredients:
  • 1 egg white
  • 80 grams shredded coconut 
  • 30 grams honey
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 20 grams dark chocolate
  • 1/4 tsp coconut oil

Method:
  1. Mix the first four ingredients together.
  2. In a non stick baking surface, form into 6 large mounds, 12 mini mounds, or any size in between.
  3. Bake for 8 minutes at 180°C (350°F). Bake for less if making more than 6, add the cookies will be smaller.
  4. Place the cookies in the refrigerator, then place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwave-safe dish to melt. (Heat on high, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.)
  5. Cover the cookie mounds with the melted chocolate and refrigerate until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment