Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sometimes I like sweet breakfasts {banana bread quiche}

I usually eat something savory for breakfast - I don't handle sugar all that well, and it seems to be worse in the mornings.

Every so often though, I enjoy of bit of sweet to start my day.

I turn to low sugar options in this case, such as chia puddings or this delicious, slightly sweet version of my mini breakfast quiche.

This isn't overly sweet, so if you really have a sweet tooth, you might want to add an extra banana or even a spoon or two of honey. I find it just sweet enough though, and slightly reminiscent of banana bread

I'll have a third of this recipe for breakfast with a side of sauteed veggies and ham and a mug of bone broth. This really helps gives me all the energy I need to attack my day and satisfies my cravings for sweet treats.

This would be a great recipe for add-ins, as well, such as a handful of raisins or chopped pecans. Feel free to play around with this to suit your personal tastes and needs. These quiches are even good enough to pass as an afternoon snack or after-dinner dessert - especially if you added a drizzle of dark chocolate!


Banana Bread Breakfast Quiche

Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/4 cup canned coconut milk, stirred
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional for Whole30)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Method:
  1. Mash the bananas well.
  2. Whisk together all the ingredients and pour into non-stick baking molds.
  3. Bake 35 minutes at 200°C (400°F).
  4. Serve hot or store in the fridge for up to one week. Reheat slightly before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment