Saturday, March 22, 2014

Photo Shoot Challenge {week 3 recap}


I'm still following along with Whitney Carlson's Photo Shoot Challenge. 

And while I can't say that week 3 has been a success, I'm still plugging along, as I'm determined to finish what I started.

(Something about failure only being a reality if you stop at that keeps me pushing towards success, even if it won't be at the end of this challenge.)

So here is week 3's recap. I've included to highs and the lows in an effort to remain transparent and truthful - and to let others who may be struggling know they aren't alone. For more positive results, read about week 1 here and week 2 here.

Eat healthy.
Exercise at least 4-6 days per week.
Drink a gallon of water per day.
No sugar.
Eat six-eight cups of vegetables per day.

I ate fairly healthy, like usual, and I even got in the six to eight cups of veggies every day (it was surprisingly easy!) but the rest was slacking...


I'm not sure how much water I was drinking. I'm fairly sure I got my gallon or more in most days, but I just wasn't able to count correctly this week. It may sounds corny, but my heart wasn't with it :p

I also made an exception to the sugar this week. You see, it was "that time of month" that us women just love. That's no excuse, but I decided to give into my cravings and have chocolate. There was sugar in the chocolate I ate.

As for exercising, I didn't exercise for two of my scheduled days. I was incapable of doing so. I'm not quite sure if I had a bad reaction to a food I ate or if I was having a mental breakdown (I'm only half joking here), but I was physically incapable of preforming athletically.

Needless to say, I gained a bit of weight and/or bloat this week.

Am I going to let this get me down? Of course not. This was one "bad" week. I wasn't at the top of my game, but these past few days did have many positive points (plenty of sleep, lots of healthy food choices despite the less healthy ones, tons of veggies, good sessions when I did work out, a better understanding of my reaction to certain foods...). I will simply pick myself up running, so to speak, and continue down my path to better health.

I'm realizing more and more that the road to success is not straight, and it isn't going to be a matter of days (or even months) to get to where I'm going. As long as I consistently make better choices, my health with continue to improve.

Here's to finishing out this challenge by giving it all I've got! 

No comments:

Post a Comment