Saturday, March 15, 2014

Photo Shoot Challenge {week 2 recap}

If you read my blog regularly, you know that I'm currently following along with Whitney Carlson's Photo Shoot Challenge. Read about week 1 here where I explain why I'm doing this and tell about how the first seven days went.

I've now finished week 2, which means I'm about half-way through the challenge (this month has 31 days, therefore, 4 weeks and 3 days). 

Each week builds upon the last one, presenting new ways to create healthy habits that should be continued long after the challenge ends. 

We had the following criteria for this week:

Eat healthy.
Exercise at least 4-6 days per week.
Drink a gallon of water per day.
No sugar.

I was already eating healthy, so it was no struggle to keep up with the good habits I had put into place. One thing I did to make it even easier on myself was to only buy healthy food. This one might be a no-brainer, but it really works. If you have healthy food in the house, you'll eat healthy food. Period.


The only exception I made to eating clean was some wine yesterday. I did end up drinking too much for my fragile system though, and I'm paying for it today with joint pain throughout my whole body. My body knows better than my brain does.

I also stuck to my exercise schedule, getting my four weight-lifting sessions and an intense cardio session in during the week, as well as keeping active the weekend by walking daily.

My water intake happens fairly naturally as well. Being a teacher, I spend a lot of my day speaking. This makes me thirsty. When I am thirsty, I drink. I carry my water bottle along with me wherever I go and fill it up as soon as it's empty again.

The no sugar part, which was new this week, was the "hardest" part of the challenge, without actually being hard. I usually avoid refined sugar anyway, with my only exception being bacon. I just had to read labels carefully, choosing a sugar-free bacon (which is better for me anyway and should be the only bacon I eat).

As for my weight, it didn't change this week - I'm down 0.1 kg or about 1/4 lb since last weeks' weigh-in. I believe this may mean I have found my natural weight, or, in other words, the weight I can maintain easily without counting or tracking, just listening to my body and eating sensibly. This could be a very good thing, though I wish my natural weight came with a flatter stomach ;p

Week 2 was a good week - and here's to a great week number 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment