Friday, March 28, 2014

Magic Mug Cupcakes {Chocolate chip cookie}

Who doesn't love a fresh chocolate chip cookie? We all have our favorite recipe - there are those that like them soft and cake-like, others that prefer them crispy and crunchy, and, if you're like me, you want your cookie to be thick and chewy.

I had perfected my chocolate chip cookie recipe and I was oh so proud of it! Everyone who tasted it asked me for the recipe. It was perfect.

Then I discovered what evil gluten and dairy were doing to me and how much better I felt without them. I had to say goodbye to my beloved recipe for good.

I am still on a quest to recreate my perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookie, but to tide me over I've managed to recreate that same yummy taste in cake form. I personally find the different flours combine to create that very unique cookie taste, but feel free to use what you have on hand.



Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cup Cake
save this


Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp tapioca flour
  • 1 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tbsp almond flour
  • 1 tbsp hazelnut flour
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • A good dash of sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3 tbsp chocolate chips
  • *optional: 20 grams dark chocolate
Method:
  1. In a mug, mix together all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips and the dark chocolate, using a fork to whisk until smooth.
  2. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  3. Microwaved uncovered on high for 2 minutes (time may vary depending on microwaves, start with 1 minute 50 seconds and add more time by 10 second intervals until the top of the cake is dry).
  4. Microwave the dark chocolate until melted, if using.
  5. Turn out onto a plate, cut in half, top with the melted chocolate and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment