Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I don't like sweet meats... {honey balsamic chicken}

I'm strange. I generally tell people I don't like sweet sauces on my meats, because I don't, and I usually steer clear of fruit-based sauces, because I find that gross... but there is just something about a honey-glazed piece of meat that I can't get enough of!

Sometimes I make a complicated reduction sauce and spend hours in the kitchen over a special meal... and other times I just want something tasty for my lunch the next day.

That's where this simple method comes into play.

I use this on chicken thighs and drumsticks, but I think it would be tasty brushed on top of meatballs as well. Just have fun playing with this tasty sauce - and turn your ordinary meats into to sweet and savory dishes everyone will love!

Honey Balsamic Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken legs
  • 3 tsp honey
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Method:
  1. Pat the chicken legs dry with a paper towel.
  2. Mix the honey and the vinegar together, then brush over the chicken legs.
  3. Bake the legs 30-50 minutes at 200°C (400°F), or until the glaze is slightly blackened.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment