Sunday, March 30, 2014

Coffee Coffee Coffee Starts With C {pump it up coffee}

Anyone who knows me or my family knows that we run on coffee. Growing up, one of the first chores I learned to do was to make a pot of coffee. Before that, I was taught how Momma and Daddy liked their coffee and would bring them a new cup each time their current mug was empty.

As I got older, I started hitting the local coffee joints one by one. I discovered my favorite flavor for coffee was caramel (and it still is!). I also drank coffee at home, tasting each and every one of CoffeeMate's liquid creamers (I absolutely loved the holidays when all the fancy flavors would come out!). I could literally drink those creamers straight - and sometimes I would!

Then I moved to Belgium. Bam. This was the end of my coffee loving days. Liquid creamer? Unheard of. Coffee shops? They mostly sell beer, and definitely no flavored coffees. Drink my coffee with milk and sugar? Ick.

Luckily, I have a coffee loving husband. He introduced me to real, freshly brewed coffee - and I discovered I loved it black! I have since installed a drip coffee pot in my classroom and enjoy several cups of freshly brewed, black coffee each and every weekday! (My students know not to ask me any annoying questions before I've had my coffee - but they still laugh every time the machine "farts" during their early morning dictations :p)

Weekends though are a different story. We have a Senseo machine at our apartment, and while it is practical, I really don't love the flavor it produces. I even buy the same brand of coffee for my drip pot as for my Senseo - it just doesn't taste the same.

Enter, BulletProof coffee.

I've posted a recipe before for my chocolate version, but I was wanting something a little different. I switched out the cacao powder for apple pie spice, and while that was delicious, it wasn't hitting the spot.

Then I stumbled across the Paleo Chef's recipe for #ButtahCoffee. I decided to give it a go, tweaked a thing or two, and ended up with the most delicious coffee ever! This is going to become my go-to weekend coffee!

I could feel good about drinking this as well - I can't say as much for my coffee shop adventures or CoffeeMate doused home brews of yesteryear... the healthy fats and stimulating spices are perfect additions to a healthy and happy lifestyle! What more could I ask for?

I needed a name for it though. I decided on Pump It Up because I had used a French press coffee maker to mix everything together, as my cousin Manon had once suggested. I literally had to pump it up to make my coffee, and drinking it left me pumped up for the day! It was perfect!

Thanks, Paleo Chef and Manon, for helping me find my perfect weekend coffee fix! Not only is it delicious, it also full of superfoods! #startyourdayright


Pump It Up Coffee

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 cups of your favorite brew
  • 1 heaping tsp of ghee
  • 1 heaping tsp of coconut oil
  • 1 tsp cacao powder
  • 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp of turmeric
  • 1/8 tsp of ginger
  • *optional: sweetener to taste
Method:
  1. Mix everything together (using a blender, milk frother, French press, fork...).
  2. Serve immediately and enjoy immensely!

No comments:

Post a Comment