Saturday, March 1, 2014

Bone Broth Heals {plus makes easy gravy}

If you're on Instagram, you probably follow Stacy of The Paleo Parents (and if you don't, you should!). You've seen the hashtag #bonebrothheals and have also seen my many mugs of breakfast broth. (PS - you don't need a SmartPhone to follow people on Instagram - you can also just download the application to your personal computer! I often post bonus recipes on my Instagram account...)

Needless to say, I love bone broth and I try to drink it daily. But that's not the only thing I do with it. I love finding new ways to incorporate it into my diet, such as using it to add flavor and depth to my homemade soup... or as the body of my homemade gravy.

Now, there are many methods to make gravy, such as using pan drippings or pureeing veggies - and I use different approaches depending on what I'm eating and what I have on hand.

And for the times when I have no pan drippings and no veggies but I want a yummy, homemade gravy, this is the method I use.

It's even hubster approved, and I often make up a quick batch to add some to his lunches. It's delicious spooned over meats and veggies and reheats wonderfully.

You can use any bone broth you have on hand as well. Enjoy!



Easy Paleo Gravy

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp ghee
  • 1 tbsp tapioca flour
  • 1 1/2 cups bone broth
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Melt the ghee in a small sauce pan.
  2. Whisk in the flour and cook for about a minute.
  3. Slowly add in 1 cup of the bone broth, whisking to combine until no lumps remain.
  4. Bring to a boil to thicken, then remove from heat.
  5. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of bone broth, then season to taste.
  6. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment