Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sometimes I Eat White Rice {and it's super yummy in salads}




I'm going to start this post off by saying two things: if you don't eat rice, feel free to substitute riced cauliflower; or, feel free to not eat this salad.

Whatever you choose to do, don't hate me because I eat rice. It falls into the gray area of the paleo food guidelines. I find it super yummy and enjoy eating it from time to time. If you don't or can't, I support your decision. Please accept mine (or move along).

Whew. Now that that's out of the way, we can get to the little story and the recipe!

The story isn't very long, and the recipe isn't complicated. I'm not sure who "invented" this salad, all I know is my husband showed me how to make it years ago and we've been making it ever since. If rice in on the dinner menu, we'll often make extra so we can whip up a couple of these salads for our lunches the next day. Often, we'll realize we have nothing planned for lunch and we'll throw a pot of rice on to cook.

The ingredients are simple yet we've never played around with them. I'm sure the possibilities are endless, but we've never felt the need to change things up. Why change a good thing, right?

So, here it is. My non-paleo delicious and filling lunch salad, compliments of the hubster.



Tuna & Rice Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1 can of tuna, drained
  • 1 cup of cooked white rice
  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • 1-2 tbsp of homemade mayo
  • 2-3 tbsp of white wine vinegar
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1-2 cups of shredded lettuce
Method:
  1. Layer all the ingredients in a food-safe container, in the order listed. Keeps well in fridge for a few days.
  2. Before eating, shake well to mix everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment