Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Magic Mug Cupcakes {Chocolate Cashew}

I love chocolate and I love nuts. What happens if you put the two of those together? Well, I double love it.

One of my all-time favorite chocolate and nut combos is chocolate and cashews. I just can't seem to get enough of it! I used to be a die-hard peanut fan, but cashews have truly taken over first place in my heart! (And yes, I know peanuts aren't nuts.)

For my Christmas plates last year, I made chocolate and cashew pralines. Maybe if I'm feeling really motivated one day I'll make them again and post the recipes. For now though, you'll just have to settle for this quick and easy recipe - chocolate cake topped with a cashew cream sauce. I love throwing a couple whole cashews on top as well, for a bit of an added crunch.

Don't like cashews? No problem - just substitute your favorite nut. This would be especially divine with hazelnut butter (think Nutella).

And one last note - you're either going to love me or hate me for this one. It's a microwave cake. Oh yeah, I did just go there. Chocolately goodness in mere minutes.

You could probably divide the batter between two muffin tins and bake them if you don't have a microwave, but if you do have one, just pop this sucker into your favorite microwave-safe mug and get to devouring! 


Chocolate Cashew Mug CupCakes

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
  • 1 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour
  • 2 tbsp almond flour
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp almond milk
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • Dash of salt
  • 2 tbsp chocolate chips
  • 2 tbsp cashew butter
  • 1/2 tbsp almond milk
Method:
  1. In a mug, mix together all the ingredients except the chocolate chips, cashew butter and almond milk, using a fork to whisk until smooth.
  2. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  3. Microwaved uncovered on high for 2 minutes (time may vary depending on microwaves, start with 1 minute 50 seconds and add more time by 10 second intervals until the top of the cake is dry).
  4. Mix together the cashew butter and the almond milk.
  5. Turn out onto a plate, cut in half, top with the cashew cream and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. When you want to get something special for your loved ones, you must look out for the personalized photo mugs & coffee mugs online

    ReplyDelete