Sunday, January 12, 2014

Saturday is Tasty Breakfast Day {+ peach & omelet recipe}

For most of you, it may be Sunday mornings, but for me, Saturday mornings are my most relaxed mornings. I wake up, I workout, then I have all the rest of the morning to eat. I always take advantage of this extra time to make myself something extra special or that takes more time than my usual, weekday breakfast.

I don't eat much fruit because if my body's inability to process fructose. There are a few fruits that I digest pretty well when I eat them in small doses. Peaches are one of those fruits. Gone are the days of eating heaping spoons of peach cobbler, so I've needed to find a new way to enjoy this delicious fruit. Also, eating a piece of fruit by itself is never a good idea for me. Therefore, I always need to integrate my fruits into my meals.

Enter, baked peaches and smoked salmon omelets. The peach bakes while you prepare the omelet and everything is done at the same time. Don't knock it until you try it, the flavors are amazing together and make for a delicious, special, Saturday morning breakfast.

Baked Peach
Ingredients:



  • 1 peach half
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon

Method:
  1. Heat oven to 200°C (400°F).
  2. Place the peach half flat side up in a small baking dish (or make many in a muffin tin).
  3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and place in the oven with the grill function turned on.
  4. Let grill for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.
   
Smoked Salmon Omelet
save this

Ingredients: 


  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1 tsp ghee, separated
  • 30 grams of smoked salmon (about 1 oz)
  • 1/4 of avocado
  • Sea salt and black pepper
Method:
  1. Melt half the ghee over medium-low heat in a stainless steel pan. Add the spinach and let wilt. Remove and set aside.
  2. Add the rest of the ghee to the pan. Whisk together the eggs and pour into the pan.
  3. While the eggs are cooking, mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
  4. When the eggs are set, gently loosen the ends of the omelet and flip. Add the spinach, avocado and smoked salmon to one half.
  5. Close the omelet and slide out of the pan onto a plate. Serve hot.
 
Note: If you choose to eat this baked peach as a dessert, it is no longer Whole30 approved.

4 comments:

  1. Do you peel the peach first? I never eat peaches fresh, but I really like them so I'm not sure why lol!!

    I may have to try the smoked salmon, fish is also something my body can handle, so this might work for me =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can eat the skin, but you can also peel it. I used canned this time because that's what I had, but fresh tastes soooo much better!

      Delete