Friday, January 17, 2014

Belgian Favorites {Tuna & Peaches}

I've spoken before about how I was nervous I was before coming to Belgium - and one thing I wondered about was the food!

Tuna and peaches was one if the first "weird" meals my husband introduced me to... and I hated it. I've never been a big fan of sweet with my meat, and this certainly want going to change that for me!

Every time my family would eat this emblematic meal, I would carefully push my tuna to one side of the plate and the peach to the other. And never would the two touch.

Until one day. I was brave, I mixed the two on my fork, and I took a bite. And I loved it! I now eat this fairly often and find out hard to believe I used to lathe this combination!

They say tastes change as our taste buds renew themselves, and I believe it!

Tuna & Peach Salad
Ingredients:

  • 100 grams of peach (about one small peach)
  • 1 can of tuna fish
  • 1 1/2 tbsp of homemade mayo
  • 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
  • Sea salt & black pepper


Method:
  1. Mix together the tuna, mayo and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  2. Dice the peach and stir into the tuna.
  3. Eat as is, in lettuce cups or on celery sticks for a little added crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment