Thursday, January 16, 2014

3 Phase Paleo Inspiration {+ a spinach recipe}

I received a copy of 3 Phase Paleo to review (it's awesome by the way - check out what I have to say here), so I of course had to try out some of the recipes. It was so hard to choose between the more than 70 recipes, but I finally narrowed it down to two, based on the ingredients I already had on hand.

I actually did follow the recipe as it was written for the 50/50 Bacon Burger (there's bacon in it - it's already perfect!), but, as is my usual, I simply used Eggs Stacy as a starting point and did my own thing. Because of this, what started out as a delicious looking breakfast dish (that I really must try) ended up as a scrumptious dinner side to my Paleo Buffalo wings (recipe coming soon!).

This was so good in fact, that I just may whip some up tomorrow morning and try it Stacy-Style as well ;-)

So here it is, Not-Eggs Stacy, or, for clarity's sake, Spinach Meg.



Spinach Meg serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 6-8 cups of fresh spinach
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tbsp of ghee
  • 1 small tomato
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Melt the ghee in a stainless steel frying pan over medium-low heat.
  2. Mince the garlic and add to the ghee. Allow the garlic to cook for a about 20-30 seconds, until it becomes fragrant.
  3. Wash the spinach and throw on top of the garlic. Stir around a bit, cooking for 1-2 minutes, or until all the spinach has wilted.
  4. Divide the spinach between two plates. Slice the tomato and serve on top of the spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! This made me laugh, I love sauteed spinach, I need to try this soon =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I got you to chuckle! Hope you enjoy the spinach! :)

    ReplyDelete